The department aims to provide advanced education and deliver world-class science and technology in forestry for biodiversity conservation, sustainable environmental management, and human well-being.
01 Biodiversity Conservation
- Forest and wildlife habitat management
- Taxonomy, and population dynamics of native species
- Water and nutrient cycling of forest ecosystem
- Breeding, genetics, and restoration of native species
- Relationship between mycorrhizal fungi and plants
- Chemistry, genetic variation, and interaction between species
02 Sustainable Environmental Management
- Forest policy and management
- GIS for environmental monitoring and assessment
- Carbon storage and sequestration
- Water resources and forest ecology
03 Contribution To Human Well-being
- Forest products utilization, improvement, and development.
- Wood anatomy and processing.
- Reuse of wood products and development of wood composites
- Wood plant secondary metabolites.
- Applications and preservations of bio‐based materials
- Biomass energy and its applications.